Saturday, February 7, 2009

Punjabi East Indian Buffet




On Dec. 27th 2008 I was shopping downtown and ran across a East Indian restaurant called Punjabi. I walked in annd the place was empty but decided to take a seat and see how it was. I looked at the menu and ended up asking the waiter what I should order. He suggested the Special, which was Lamb curry. So i decided to go with it. I also asked if they had Mango Lassie's, which they did, so I got one of those too. the service was great but the food was not. the lamb was sooooo tough and greasy. when i was dipping my naan bread it was soaking up mostly oil and grease, which wasn't appetising. It was almost impossible to eat. My mango lassie was very watery and not creamy and full of flavour like it should be. The one redeeming part of the meal was the Veggie Somosas.. they were great. They were priced well and were crispy on the outside and warm and spiced well on the inside. I have never tried their buffet but I may go back to sample a bunch of their dishes.. i may have just got a bad one.

No comments:

Post a Comment