Saturday, February 7, 2009

Cin Cin







On Jan. 3rd 2009 I was still in Vancouver and after a long day of shopping a friend and I decided to head to a restaurant that we had stumbled upon on Robson Street. It was called Cin Cin and it was on the second floor. It is a beautiful restaurant and it feels like you have stepping into another country when you walk in. The atmosphere is more 'classy' (dare i say) and the waitstaff all whore button up shirts with ties. we felt a little out of place, well at least i did but i was very excited to eat the food. we were seated right away at a cute little table by the terrace and Sarah ordered us some wine. I wish I could say that I carefully chose a wonderful bottle of white to go with our meal but I have no clue about wine other than it tastes good. So I left that decision up to my Friend Sarah who did a wonderful job.


We were unsure as to what we should order but when I heard that the special was duck my mind was made up and I was able to convince Sarah to order it as well. I had never had duck before and I thought that if i was to eat it anywhere for the first time... THIS should be the place. I had never tried Polenta either and we got a side of polenta to try. when the duck arrived it looked so good. the outside was crispy and a little salty and the duck was done perfectly. it was a little pink inside and melted in my mouth. I dont even remember what else was on the plate because the duck was so amazing. the serverings were a good size, which was surprising for a restaurant like that. I am used to extremely small servings at places like this.


Don't forget Dessert! OHHHHHHHH, the dessert..... I ordered the Tiramisu. it was a great decision, the marcapone was wonderful and it was so creamy and the flavours were great. Sarah had beignets which were great, especially dipped in chocolate! Those both looked really pretty too!

If I were rich I would go to Cin Cin for every meal.

Just an update; I recently went to Cin Cin again when my sister and her husband were in town in Feb 2011. The food was once again amazing and very creative. The servers were so friendly and helpful. They are always a great bet for a good, wait not just good, AMAZING meal out!

No comments:

Post a Comment