Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Aroma Saskatoon



On a recent spur of the moment road trip to saskatoon I made a stop at Aroma restaurant. It is located in the radisson lobby and is a great restauarnt to have readily accessable when you are travelling. I never ate supper there but I wish I had. Once i sat down and read the menu there were about 5 things i wanted to eat. But I was there for some drinks and Appi's. so thats what I had. I started off with a ceasar (the drink) which was actually pretty good. there was only one server and the service was kinda slow but we were in no rush so it didnt really matter to us. then decided on the bison wellingtons. they were pretty good, not excellent. the meat was cooked well and the dough surrounding them was good at one point i am sure but by the time I got it, it was a little doughy and soggy. but I am sure if they were hot off the press they would have been great. the gravy underneath the mini wellingtons was really good as well... it could have used some kind of cream of something inside the wellingtons since it was shaved meat and not one peice of meat covered in pastry.
last but not least I got the brulee trio.. it was chocolate, caramel and saskatoon berry..... the saskatoon berry creme brulee was amazing.. so creamy and prefect crust on top. the chocolate was like a thick chocolate truffle.. so creamy and good.. the one downfall was the caramel one in the middle.. it wasnt in a cute little cup but just sitting there .. there was no burnt crust on the top and it was all slimey and watery. but i just ignored it and enjoyed the other two. It was worth it just for the saskatoon berry brulee.
i really like the atmosphere in aromas and i did like the food.. i am sure the main courses would be great. went there the next morning for breakfast and it was AWSOME.... well priced and great food! and it filled me up!
I'd check it out for sure if you're in the mood for some different appi's and great breakfast in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment