Saturday, April 17, 2010

Cafe Medina


Soon after I moved to Vancouver I went wandering around ChinaTown. Predictably, I got lost, but stumbled upon this cute little Cafe Called "Cafe Medina". It is a small but well organized cafe located along side Chambar, both Cafe Medina and Chambar's Menu are beligan inspired.
I Inlisted the help of my friend, and fellow coffee Blogger http://coffeevancouver.ca/, Robert. We had some difficulty finding a time that worked for both of us due to the limited hours of the cafe but we finally made it on a wonderful sunday morning. Although there was a line up the wait was well managed and we were seating fairly quickly. My interest was first peaked when i saw that they offered a Lavender Mocha on their Menu. It is something i have never seen before and I am a huge fan of the smell Lavender. Would I be a fan of it in my drink? HECK YES! The Lavendar Mocha was amazing and has since become my all time favorite drink in the Vancouver area. I drop in whenever I can just to grab a Lavender Mocha. My friend Robert chose the Lavender Latte and was pleasantly surprised by how mild the lavender was and did not over power the espresso.
Now on to the food!
I will always choose breakfast food if given the chance and the Fricasse was calling my name. This dish included: 2 fried eggs, braised short ribs, roasted potatoes, caramelized onions, arugula, applewood cheddar. It also came with a side Grilled foccacia. This was AMAZING! the eggs were cooked perfectly and oooozed all over the ribs and potatoes. Teh arugula gave the dish some green which i really appreciated. The ribs were cooked perfectly and the sauce was flavourful. I loved all the flavours in this dish and I would highly recommed it if you are looking for something different for breakfast.
The service at Cafe Medina was wonderful, the Staff was very friendly and the set up was easy to manuvure. It is close to the skytrain station and is a great stop when visiting china town (or getting lost trying to find it). Two thumbs up!
Cafe Medina
556 Beatty St. Vancouver, BC
http://www.medinacafe.com/
Map:

View Larger Map
Check out my review of this restaurant and others on Urbanspoon:
Cafe Medina on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment