Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Bao Chau Vietnamese Restaurant


Bao Chau Vietnamese Restaurant
2717 East Hastings
Vancouver BC
604-251-6956

Date of Visit: August 6, 2011
Dish: Pho Tai Bo Vien - Rare beef and beef balls noodle Pho
Price: $6.00

After going on a beautiful hike with my friend Mike at Deep Cove in BC, we were both starving. Being a little tired and sweaty we definately didnt want to cook and Mike suggested getting vietnamese soup, which most of you know as Pho. Many of you will be appauled to know that in my 30 years, this was my first time eating Pho. Well, yes it was, and I freakin LOVED it! Not only was the soup delicious but I loved the whole idea that no bowl of Pho is alike. Everyone adds what and how much they like to their own bowl.
I ordered #7 (Pho Tai Bo Vien - Rare beef and beef balls noodle) and Mike ordered #6 (beef ball noodle). I am really happy that I ordered the rare beef, it was perfect and flavoured the already wonderful broth more as it sat in there being delicious. I added some lime, hot oil, and teriyaki(? I think)sauce, bean spouts and thats really all I needed. The broth without anything was really good and I could just drink that straight.
It was a blast trying to use the chopstick and spoon to eat soup. I basically made a huge mess of myself but we had fun. The service was very fast and there was no fuss with anything, we walked in and got our cold tea, ordered and got served in a matter of 15 mins. Not that I have any other Pho to compare to, I thought this was really good and I would suggest you stop by and give it a go. If you didnt like it, you only wasted 6 bucks!! Can't complain about that!


View Larger Map

Bao Chau Vietnamese on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment